District 6 Clayton Park West-Beechville/Lakeside/Timberlea-Spryfield
I am humbled by your support. I am ready to represent our communities at the HRSB. Thank you to my family and friends for their support and encouragement, I could not have accomplished this without all of you. Also I want to thank the three other candidates running for school board in our district and recognize their effort and commitment. Thank you.
I am the mother of two beautiful children who currently attend Beechville-Lakeside-Timberlea Elementary. My daughter is 10 and will be attending Ridgecliff Middle School in the fall. My son is 6 and in Grade Primary.
I have been involved in many different roles within the community, including:
- Grants Committee with the Halifax Regional Municipality. According to the terms of reference: “The Grants Committee makes recommendations for Regional Council’s approval. For example, in developing eligibility criteria, categories of assistance, policy and procedures for programs and services delivered under the auspices of the HRM Grants Program. The Grants Committee also submits annual recommendations to Regional Council regarding grants and tax exemptions for non-profit organizations, and requests from community groups property sales and leasing.” http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/bccgrants/HRMGrantsCommittee.php
- Parent Committee at Kids R Kids Early Learning Centre, with escalating levels of responsibility; secretary, treasurer, and finally, chair.
- CPA NS Recruitment Committee. Involved in increasing interest in the Accounting profession and the Chartered Professional Accountant designation. Actively involved in the selection of 4 high school students yearly to receive a scholarship from CPA NS.
- Volunteered at Feed NS sorting through damaged food donated by the grocery stores to salvage usable items.
- Donate blood on a regular basis through Canadian Blood Services.
- A member of the Executive of the Information Technology Society at Mount Saint Vincent University.
- A member of the Volunteer Fire Department in Rawdon, NS–3 years
- Editor of the Hants North Rural High School Yearbook – 3 years.